Frequently Asked Question
SecondlifeAsia Protection Plan Disclosure Sheet and FAQ
WKM Endeavor Agency
A-25-16, KLTS, No.99 Jalan Gombak, 53000, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The information provided in this disclosure sheet is valid as at 1 July 2021.
This policy provides cover against repair or replacement costs to mobile phones, digital watch, tablets, notebooks or desktops that are accidentally damaged.
This one (1) year cover is made available to all eligible customers of Second Life Asia Sdn Bhd for their own personal use or anyone who owned a digital device/devices and would like to have protection cover.
The sum insured per annum is RM5,000.00.
The yearly premium is RM499.00 or RM1.37 per day.
All Apple devices or other brand digital devices.
Every claim is subjected to a loading fee of RM250.00 maximum. Here is the list of fees applicable:
|Device Value (RM)||Fees payable|
|1 to 1000||Free|
|1001 to 2000||100|
|2001 to 3000||150|
|3000 to 4000||200|
Nope as this Protection Plan is only for repair and not device replacement, thus there is no Device Replacement Fee.
Duty of disclosure:
You also have a duty to inform us of any change in the information provided earlier before we issue the certificate to you. If you don’t, your certificate may be cancelled, or treated as if it never existed, or your claim may be rejected or not fully paid.
All claims must be made in writing and submitted to us within 30 calendar days from the date your product is accidentally damaged. All supporting documents proving the loss must also be submitted to us within 30 calendar days from the date your product is accidentally damaged. If this is not reasonably possible, proof of loss must be furnished as soon as possible and in any event, no later than 3 months from the date your product is accidentally damaged.
Limits of Liability:
You are only entitled to one claim per device throughout the duration that this policy is in force. Once a claim is made and fulfilled, the coverage for your product under this policy will be automatically terminated without any action by any party and you will no longer have any right to claim for your product under this policy. We will at our sole discretion pay for the cost to repair or replace your product, up to an amount not exceeding the price paid for your product.
In cases where we approve a replacement of any product covered under this policy, the replacement maybe a different model; not include the identical features and functions as the damaged product; or be another of like kind, quality and specifications.
This cover is issued to the person named in the certificate. Any change to this name requires a written notice to us requesting for this change and our approval.
- Losses that do not occur within the coverage period;
- Losses caused by illegal acts committed by yourself;
- Losses that are intentionally caused by yourself;
- Repairs performed by any repairer which is not authorized by us;
- Liability to anyone other than yourself;
- Any defects that are subject to recall by the manufacturer;
- Non-operating and cosmetic items, paint, or product finish, accessories used in or with the eligible Secondlifeasia product, cables, cords, straps, chargers, screen protectors, earphones, add-on options incorporated in a product for which options are not essential to the basic function of the product;
- Unauthorized modifications made to the product and/or problems/defects arising from such unauthorized modifications; altered serial/IMEI numbers; failure to follow manufacturers’ instructions on installation, operation or maintenance; any items not affecting the function of the product; image burn;
- Any loss that is covered under the manufacturer’s warranty; and
- Commercial/business use (multi-user organizations), public rental or use for profit.
Note: This list is non-exhaustive. Please refer to the policy schedule for the full list of exclusions under this policy.
You may cancel your certificate by returning the original certificate to Second Life Asia Sdn Bhd. The date of cancellation will be the date of receipt of the cancelled certificate.
We can cancel this certificate by giving you 30 days’ prior written notice. Your cover will continue for the duration which premium has been received and will terminate upon expiry of such period.
No refund will be payable upon cancellation of certificate.
Should you require additional information about this policy or if you have any enquiries, please contact us at:
Second Life Asia Sdn Bhd
No 41-M, Jalan SS2/64, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Telephone: 03-7490 2190